Pokemon Frontier Brains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CrobatFTW's Summer Pokémon Tournament 2012

2 posters

Go down

CrobatFTW's Summer Pokémon Tournament 2012 Empty CrobatFTW's Summer Pokémon Tournament 2012

Post  CrobatFTW Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 am

CrobatFTW’s First Tournament Flyer

YouTube Video:
youtube.com/watch?v=fZK5pJTJm4c

crobatftw.blogspot.com
youtube.com/crobatftw

A tournament for all! Updated at 7/3/12 @ 9:03 AM

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

For my first tournament, it will be a Standard OU tournament consisting of all Pokémon at level 100 for battles. 16 or 32 players will be able to enter. This depends on the amount of entries I get in the first week. Entries open on 7/3/12 and are expected to end around the 10th of July; however, they may close earlier or later due to the need for 16 or 32 people. You must have a valid subscription to CrobatFTW on YouTube. Subscription will be verified. All players must use Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2. All features new to Black and White 2 are encouraged to be used as they will provide the best chance for winning. Battles may be uploaded to YouTube if the option is available; however, there is no requirement to. No Pokémon Online or other simulators may be used!

Rules:
Typical OU Rules… (Mostly taken from Smogon)
Species Clause - A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same National Pokedex number on a team.
For example, using a team with two Koffing would break this clause.
Using different formes on the same team, such as Rotom-W and Rotom-C, also breaks the clause since they share the same Pokedex number (#479).
This rule was implemented for BW tiers following a Policy Review vote on October 30, 2010.
Sleep Clause - You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokémon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither has had their sleep removed since then.
The clause basically means that if you have already put a Pokémon on your opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, you can't put another one to sleep.
A move you were "forced into" is a move you must use because all other moves (that cannot inflict sleep) are disabled (by Choice item, Encore, or some combination of Taunt, Disable, Torment, and lack of PP) and you cannot switch (due to trapping moves, trapping abilities, Ingrain, or having all other pokemon be fainted).
A move you used includes moves called by Metronome, Sleep Talk, Assist, Me First, or Copycat. It does not include Magic Coat or Magic Bounce.
Rest, used by either player, is never counted by this clause.
The definition of this rule was debated on in a Policy Review discussion.
This rule was implemented for BW tiers following a Policy Review vote on October 30, 2010.
Evasion Clause - A Pokémon may not have the moves Double Team or Minimize in its moveset, or hold the items Brightpowder or Lax Incense.
Generally, this rule will be automatically enforced in simulator play. In Wi-Fi play, a player is considered to have broken the clause when a Pokémon is revealed to have been brought into the battle with a banned move or item.
OHKO Clause - A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Generally, this rule will be automatically enforced in simulator play. In Wi-Fi play, a player is considered to have broken the clause when a Pokemon is revealed to have been brought into the battle with a banned move.
Moody Clause - A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.
This rule was implemented for BW tiers by acclamation on June 7, 2011.
Banned Pokémon - A team cannot have any of the Pokemon found in the following tiers: Ubers. Ubers consist of (using the Smogon list as of 7/3/12):
§ Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Blaziken, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Normal, Deoxys-Speed, Excadrill, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina-Altered, Giratina-Origin, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin-Sky, Arceus (All Forms), Zekrom, Reshiram, Garchomp, Thundurus-Incarnate
§ In the event on any changes to those in the Uber tier during the tournament, new or leaving Ubers will apply to Banned Pokémon respectively. I will notify all members if a Pokémon leaves or joins Ubers.
Drizzle + Swift Swim - Using both a Pokémon with Drizzle and a Pokémon with Swift Swim on the same team is banned.
NO HACKS (no beyond 510 EVs, 32 or greater IVs, usage of unreleased DW Pokémon, illegal moves or abilities, etc…)
Basically, anything that is not obtainable in game is illegal.
No use of Wonder Launcher… it is pointless anyways.
Teams may be switched between games. There is no team registration.
Win or Lose- Be a good sport. No disrespecting other people in the tournament for their play style, Pokémon, movesets, nicknames, gender, age, etc.
To report poor sportsmanship or disrespect:
Take a screen shot with the “Prnt Scrn” key of the disrespect or poor sportsmanship. On Mac, take a screen shot, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
Those who break these rules will be subject to disciplinary action, such as, but not limited to:

Rematch / Rebattle
Change / Fixing Team
Disqualification
Warning
Banning from Future Tournaments
If you believe that someone cheated against you, FINISH AND SAVE THE MATCH WITH THE VS RECORDER. Use any camera to take a small video or picture of the cheating. All cheating is subject to disciplinary action.

Prizes:

1st Prize - Choose 3 Great Prizes OR 2 Great and 2 Small Prizes
2nd Prize - Choose 2 Great Prizes OR 1 Great prize and 2 Small Prizes
3rd Prize - 2 Small Prizes
Honorable Mention 4th - 1 Small Prize
+Special Limited Edition Tournament Crobat for all 4 winners!

Choose from Great Prizes:

Mentioning your username/website/whatever in 2 of my videos, on my channel for, and on my Blog for a while.
A whole video dedicated to a shout out too you
Pokegen up to 3 legitimate (Yes, I can Pokegen LEGIT Pokémon) with all of your credentials.
Teaching up to 4 of your Pokémon LEGITIMATE Black 2 move tutor moves.

Choose from Small Prizes:

25 DeviantArt Point donation
The Reflecting Mirror Item attached to a Pokémon
Seismic Toss and Wish, Flawless Bold / Calm Chansey
Mention in the next tournament for the future
A special kind of battle of your choosing that I will upload onto YouTube, no matter the result
Adopt-A-Magikarp J

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!! Very Happy

All rules, prizes, information, and battles are subject to changes or termination at any time, maybe without notice. I will try to provide the best notice I can if something changes. By joining you agree to all rules and these very small terms of use / service!

-CrobatFTW

To download this for offline viewing, click here:
docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B-kSIrb93TSAVnpaNG9ZOUlXd0E&export=download

Last edited by CrobatFTW on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 am; edited 3 times in total

CrobatFTW

Back to top Go down

CrobatFTW's Summer Pokémon Tournament 2012 Empty Re: CrobatFTW's Summer Pokémon Tournament 2012

Post  melvin2898 Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:40 pm

I'm in. You posted this on YT right?
melvin2898
melvin2898
Admin

https://pokemonfrontierbrain.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

CrobatFTW's Summer Pokémon Tournament 2012 Empty Re: CrobatFTW's Summer Pokémon Tournament 2012

Post  Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 pm

I am in. Just make it start like Tuesday Wednesday. afro

Back to top Go down

Post  CrobatFTW Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks for entering! The Youtube video for it will be up for it I think on Tuesday... so post a comment there when it is up. Make sure you sub youtube.com/crobatftw if you haven't. Smile

I'll also post here when the video is up. I have to narrate it and also put together the rules and what not (standard smogon)... I still go some other stuff to do for it but Tues. it will be up.

CrobatFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Yah im definitely in.My charger arrived today so now I can play!

Back to top Go down

Post  CrobatFTW Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 am

First post updated and video is up Smile

youtube.com/watch?v=fZK5pJTJm4c

CrobatFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  melvin2898 Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:01 am

I tried to get a few people for you. I'm sure some entered like Jack. So are you trying for 16 or 32? Almost to 16 as of this post I think. Good luck!
melvin2898
melvin2898
Admin

https://pokemonfrontierbrain.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum